Sunday, May 11, 2008

Yesterday's life was what i wished for

Goshhh...got carried away & time for my blogging time was dragged. Well...though its 4.45am now but i will still blog. Im feeling kinda hungry now so i went to the kitchen & made some oats with raisin. You guys must be thinking like Whoa? Oats??? Yeah...this is what i eat for breakfast almost everyday.
Alrighty...yesterday was a great day! I was supposed to fly back home on Saturday morning but once again...a phone call stopped me from going back.....Again! Yeah...Last sem i was about to leave the house after packing & then mummy called & said Uncle is up here for a short visit so she suggested that i stay a while more & go home with him. This time it was Mummy again! Hahaha...I was cleaning the house & packing halfway but i knew im not gonna make it in time so later mum called & say Cousin Li Yen is coming up! To celebrate Mother's Day with my aunt. Awww...so nice. So i have yet another free ride back! Usually im always on my own. Independent.



So what i did yesterday was i tended my aunt's shop in Central Market & that is the reason i stayed back. Aunt called me to ask me to tend her shop coz she ain't got any assistant yesterday. Since i was free i said ok. But i knew that i would have missed the chance to catch up with my "kor kor" in JB. It's ok...will see him when im back in KL. So i headed down town to aunt's shop which sells jade, crystals, precious stones made into necklace, ornaments, earings, bangles & etc.


Central Market...a place where you can find souvenirs, antiques, traditional costumes, handmade arts & craft & many more

The interior of Central Market... All types of local souvenirs, handmade handicraft & batiks


Working time! Actually aunt only need my eyes for that day. I practically brought my own entertainment there to fill the hours away


Rings & jade stones

Jade pendants


Jade bangles. These are so old school those that ah po ah ma wear. I wanted to check em out so i open the cabinet & took em out to try. Ehehehe...


Jade rings & pretty bracelets... There was a Japanese guy who came & looked at the jade rings. I was sitting there at that time so i talked to him a while. He's cute! Haha...but his english..... tak boleh la. Ahahaha~ So i ask aunt to serve him la. He was interested in 1 of the black jade ring & he bought one. :)
I tried many of them. If drop i die. Usually i see aunties or grannies wear them but they can slam their hands kinda hard on the table when they gesture. But i don't think it will break easily unless it falls to the ground


Ahhhh~ This one is my favourite. I think it looks very elegant & the diamond on top makes it so royalty. The diamond is US diamond

This one not bad. It's made of frozen tear drops. Ahaha... just joking

Aha! This doll is so familiar! It reminds me of my childhood when i was around primary. I had a birthday cake made of this doll. Only the lower part of the doll is covered with cake. I guess maybe someone took it home & keep it to refurbish it. Man...now i miss all my childhood toys! My popeye the sailorman gameboy! :(

After time had passed for quite some time i went to have a walk around Central Market. I only visit here when i drop by aunt's shop so it's good to see what has change. This area is called Straits Chinese if im not wrong. It was extended to make this section & it is not bad. Malaysia...Truly Asia.


Aunt will close her shop at 8.30pm. I was damn bad. I knew i was in KL town so i told aunt i wanna go to Petaling Street which was situated nearby Central Market. Since i seldom come to this area i might as well make use of this opportunity to go around here. By the way...my sister was already there when i wanted to leave. Aunt says ok & off i went. Fewwww~ :)

Petaling Street is opposite the road & a few blocks away. I went there alone so i had the freedom to walk myself. Can you imagine how could some people bring their kids along some sitting in their prams! My mum never bring me to crowded places when i was very young

Malaysia Chinatown...Petaling Street aka "Chi Cheong Kai". Yep...that's the name of Petaling Street in Cantonese. I remember i came here with Hui Zhi & Chow Yvonne where 3 of us was still clueless about KL & my cantonese ain't that good yet. I grew up hearing Canto so i brushed up my Canto now that im here most of the time. People there are kinda spontaneous & extra friendly. I like to come here when im feeling down coz some "lala zais" (ah bengs) are kinda farnee when they speak out to attract customers.


I headed back to the shop at 8.45pm. LOL! Aunt called like trice. Haha...She is paranoid too so im used to it. Hehe... When we closed the shop...Aunt, my sister & i went back to my grandparent's house which is nearby aunt's place. I'm glad i can pay them a visit too before i go back JB & i wanted to visit them after my finals too. :)


Before that grandparent's were at a restaurant in Jln Ipoh having Mother's Day dinner with 2nd Uncle & my cousins. When 3 of us reached my grandparent's house they were already back home. My aunt is good at making my grandma laugh. She kept laughing & laughing & laughing whenever my aunt speaks. Im happy to hear her laughter.

After chatting for some time i thought of taking pictures with my gramps. I asked sister to take for me & later all of us should take together. I told grandpa & he was like "take picture?" Then he stood up & guess where he went?



He went to comb his hair! AHAHAHAHA! FARNEE! :D


We laughed & later took pictures. Many of them. Since we have chun chun phones might as well utilise it well.

Waaa...grandpa looked so yeng with that pose. Haha... Then later aunty said something about how will she look if she wear specs. Better or not?

Then Grandpa randomly go & take his specs & wore it. I dunno why. Haha...

my Aunty, my Grandma, my Grandpa & Me

My Grandparents... i feel they still looked the same from my memory of them since i was a kid

My Grandma is always a cheerful grandma. Aiyaaa...my aunt has a photo of her grinning widely but i forgot to get it from her. I guess my laughing machine skills are inherited from her?

Ahhhh! This is my aunt!

This is my cousin's wife, Jenny. Very bubbly & kind hearted person

My "piu kor"(older cousin brother). I grew up spending lotsa my childhood with him & he is a great cousin. Since young i knew what is Liverpool because he is an ardent fan of them... he plays great bowling till now. He scored his 1st perfect 300 points game few years back & i watched it. I think the highest level he played was the Sea Games level.

So after all the laughter & fun...we went for supper at Ampang nearby my grandparent's house. I wish to be familiar with Ampang more but i only come here when my parents are up coz it's easier to see the surroundings travelling by car. Now i only know how to take LRT to my grandparent's house but i hope to master the directions around the area one fine day. I feel the authentic feeling of KL whenever im in Ampang. I guess because there are many Chinese living there & i think that locals from Ampang have the most fluent & nice accent of Cantonese.

Good Morning everyone! Hahaha! It's time for me to stop now. Till then...i will update again! :)

No comments: