Monday, November 03, 2008

The 1st wedding in my family!! :D

(*Note: I will upload all the goody pictures when i have received them! :D )

It was such a blissful & wonderful occasion for me...i reckon this is the happiest day of my life in 2008! I'm really enjoying a fantastic 2008 with lotsa great things in store for me & the fun hasn't stop yet. More to come in fact!

On Deepavali Day, 27th of October 2008...my eldest sister Miss Lee Kar Wai tied the knot with her everlasting long time sweetheart Mr Lee Boon Kiang aka BK. :) They have been a couple for 15 great years so i watched them walked the journey of love since i was Primary 1. Thinking back those good old years, i watched them nurture their love since they were secondary, then college and then they started working. If you're observant enough, notice that both the couple's surname is LEE! I tell uuu.....the 'LEEs' ROCK TO DA MAXXXXX! I felt superbly extremely happy during the whole wedding ocassion thing went on. Plus...this whole month of October, i had a blast (so many blasts la...haha) when i went back JB for my sem break, my birthday in JB, my birthday in PD, then my sis's wedding & i tell uuuuuuuu! THE FUN IS NOT STOPPING YET! MORE GOOD STUFF COMING! ! ! WoOhOoOooooo~ OMG! I felt so blessed! Praise the Lord! AHAHAHA....

Okay! Let me narrate to you guys the events that took place during the wedding occasion in JB! On the 26th of October, there was a buffet dinner at my house to have a good time mingling with my relatives, sister's school friends & colleagues. We hardly invite people over to have a party at home so it was so fun to organise one that day. There was so much nice food...esp the cute lil colorful jellies that my cousin's wife made. She's good at all these stuff. I felt very happy for my sis coz she got to catch up with her old school friends & colleagues. When a person starts working, time for meeting up with friends & catching up will be less so i felt happy to see her had a good time. I also got to know my sis's friends coz they asked about me & my sis was like "Nina...come! This is my youngest sister, Nina!". Ahaha...Yep...that is what my family & relatives call me. Different groups of people call me different names but i like the melange of names i have.

The next day was the day we were waiting for! In the morning of 27th, the bridegroom and his 'heng tais' ('brothers' or xiong di) came together in a fleet of luxury cars to the bride's house to fetch the bride. I woke up at 5.30am that morning coz i hold the duty to make breakfast for the bridesmaids. Sharp at 5.30am i jumped out of bed & saw my sis already awake waiting for her make-up artist to come. I went downstairs to prepare breakfast, then bathe, make-up, dress up & wait for the bridegroom to come! :D

At 7.30am, i heard the sound of car honk blasting boisterously and Weeeeee!~ the bridegroom & his brothers finally arrived my home. I love the feeling of that moment because it signifies a new start of my sister's life by welcoming the bridegroom into the house. Well of course...it's not so simple as welcoming him into the house. This is the time when I...my sister's bridesmaid... manipulate that chance to be a 'gold digger'. Hehehe.... The bridesmaid clan gave the bridegroom clan a run for their money by challenging them with obstacles to make us open the front gate, house door & at last.....my sister's room door. Our mission & motto that morning was "Give me...give me.....give me...give me GIMME MOOOORE!" $$$

The funniest part happened when they entered my car porch compound. We spiced up the challenge for the guys by giving them mental & physical activities. It sounds tough but nahhhh...as long as you have the brains & ability to boogie woogie then you'll be able to solve them fast. Haha... 1st up was the 'rafia string challenge'. My cousin sister came up with this idea to screw them up! Ahaha...Women are indeed smarter than men coz the solution to untangle the strings was so easy. Instead, the guys bent, swirl, limbo-ed, jumpped & hugged each other to try untangle it. Haha...it's farnee seeing the guys do those actions with frustrations. Results were...they Failed! XD

2nd challenge was peanuts to me.....hula hooping. Too bad the rattan hula hoop is in KL so we used the plastic one which was harder to hula. I myself can't get use to it & can only hula 8 times so i asked my brother-in-law to hula 6 times. Ahahaaaa~ Herhhhh! If i have the rattan one with me i tell uuuuuu....1000 times No Prob! So...Dengan segala hormatnya I mempersilakan my brother-in-law to hula for me. He very Farneeeee lorrrrr..... He used his hands to turn the hula hoop around his waist 6 times instead! Char dou~ Hmphhh! So i set the rule no hands allowed & the hips must boogie in order to turn the hula. Ngek ngek ngek..... All of us were waiting to see how he do it coz there's no way he can cheat now. Puhlamakkk...2nd time kena Bomb! His best friend hold the hula and turn it for him while my kor kor happily boogie his waist. Smart Ass! Like that also they can think of... All of us laughed despite kena bomb kaw kaw... XD

Since we were running out of time coz my kor kor have to enter my sister's room by 8.45am, we threatened them one last thing which was to give us a bigger angpow then we will open the house door. Lalala... My kor kor hold 2 angpows in his hands so he asked us to choose 1. I was going to grab both with my 2nd sister's collaboration. So when they counted 1, 2, 3 we will grab both. My 2nd sister lembab lahhh...Not like me more agile & alert i grabbed the right hand angpow but she leh? Stunned there...=_=''' The left hand angpow contain more $$$ lahhh... Ai sehhhhh

It's okay lah... As promised, we opened the house door & the guys zooooomed upstairs. Teehee!...one more obstacle to enter my sister's room. This time is serious challenge. My second sis requested my kor kor to sing a song with all his heart to my sister. He did a lot of farneeee things before he became a lil more serious. We also asked him to say what he felt like saying to my sister with his sincere heart. More jokes than sincerity! Can't help it...coz my kor kor's clique are a helluva bunch of crazyass jokers. I Love them all man! They ROCK! ;D

So after all said & done...they barged in & Weeeeee~ the bride meets her bridegroom! My bro-in-law & sister's friends were the photo & videographer during the whole JB day & night wedding occasion so they recorded all the juicy stories & snapped all the wonderful memories. They also did some photo shoots for the couple which i thought was for the album. Never did i expect them to combine all the great stuff & make a movie out of all the pictures & videos they took. During the wedding dinner, there was a preview of the movie then only i knew the reason behind all the photoshoots & orders from the 'media'. I hope to share with you guys the splendid work done by them because their work is very smart & humorous! Kuddos to them! *Applause*

The usual ritual of the bridegroom kneel down to put on the ring for the bride, lift the veil & kiss his bride took place when the bridegroom sees his bride. Up next was the tea ceremony. As im the sibling of my sister, i also wished the couple & they gave me angpow. Haha... Wohkay! Everything that should be done in my house settled so we headed to the in-law's house! :)

It felt so glamour our drivers will fetch us there. I love the CHUN-ness of a Long train of Mercedes, BMW, Alphard, Honda etc cruising together at the highway to our destination. "Yeng-ness". Oh yaaaa! I got to emphasize this! The car plate of the bridegroom's car is BK 1027. Why is it so special?? Bcoz....my bro-in-law's name is Lee Boon Kiang aka BK. Everyone calls him BK & his wedding date was 27/10 so the car plate was a perfect match for him that very fine day! Again.......when we were approaching the in-law's house, that moment of blasting the honks made me so excited to reach the house. The neighbours of my in-laws were more lucky than my neighbours because it was a reasonable time to make some noise that hour. My neighbours were frightened out of bed at 7.30am by the blasts of honks + non-stop 'bridesmaid rambling' when we 'played games' with the bridegroom clan. Ahahaha.....XD

The tea ceremony took place shortly after we adjourned to the in-law's house. I met my bro-in-law's family & relatives which was a merry thing! The whole wedding ceremony practiced traditional chinese customs which i think is kinda cool to see them being done. Though i know nuts about deeper customs but it doesn't matter to me when i get married. Haha...I will do it the funkay way! XD

We had lunch at the in-law's house and after that all of us headed to the couple's new nest. Their new home is very big for 2 people now but in years to come, kids will make the home so lively & warm. I'm already an aunty by the way...it's so cute when my cousin's children call me "Aunty Nina!.. Aunty Nina!" :) Friends & relatives mingled at the couple's new home. My second sister, younger brother & me made use of the free time to take pictures with our dear eldest sister. Usually when my sister smile for the camera, she will not grin so widely with all her stretch of teeth parading but ever since she had all her photo shoots and all...i guess it has trained her to grin from ear to ear. I love her wedding photos! Hope that i'm a slim bride like my sis when it's my turn. My sis gets all the good genes- dolphin like fair & smooth skin, slim figure & busty boobs. Me? Sighhh... Ha-ha...

Everyone went back home after that & we waited for da-jie & jie fu to prep up & head back down to our home to have lunch. After lunch they went back to their new home to rest before a night of lavish memories come again! :)

My family got ready yet for another night of sheer happiness & joy to attend the wedding dinner. That was the ultimate thing i was looking forward to coz it was a superbly Fantastic night! I was so happy to see sooo many guests turned out that night especially all of my bro-in-law's 'heng tais' & my sister's school friends! They are all my seniors of 8 years & it was great to see them. All capable beauties okay! Convent girls are just superb in every way. I must say past seniors of Convent are very pretty ladies! I saw my sister's good friend who was the Volleyball Captain 8 Years my senior. Fuiyohhh...honoured seh she's my sister's friend. Then her St.John team members Tang Po Lin, Lai Jenny, Sylvia Ng. Too bad another good friend of my sis who is also my volleyball senior, Lim Mei Sun was in Japan that time. Long longggggg time didn't see them so it was so nice meeting them again & seeing how they are doing now.

That night was so merry & memorable bcoz the slide shows & videos took our heart away. I saw my sister teared for she felt touched after the whole thing previewed. Even i myself felt a strong sense of.............don't know how to describe that wonderful feeling. Haha.... The best part of all is my sister & her 15 years long time sweetheart finally became a married couple on the 27th of October 2008. It is sooo rare to find couples that truly last a lifetime & 15 years is no joke i tell uuuuuuu! Wah lao ehhhh~

I was overdosed with Happiness to da MAXXXXX that night & i really felt so happy for my sister! After thanking the guests for attending the dinner, my sister joined her friends & mingled with them. I had nothing to do already so i joined the bunch of crazyass jokers when i saw them drinking liquour. Hehehe... They were trying to make one of the photographer drunk by playing drinking games with him. They spinned the table to determine what punishment you'll get. There are soy sauce, liquour, or nothing. So they purposely stopped the spinning plate at him while he was not looking. Haha... It was fun playing these kinda games with them coz they are all steady people. Soooo looking forward to my sister's house warming partay & i'm sure there will be Helluva madness in da house! Yippieeeeeeee~

That night we also took lotsa photos with our family members & in-laws. I really fully utilise the photographer & make sure i had enough of my fill. Haha...The photographer is a very nice & professional guy so i was really glad we have him to capture all the precious moments. :D

There was more than these happiness that happened on that night. I was really glad a reconcilation finally happened. Man.............it's been a long time...........long timeeeeeeee........I truly believe that fate will pave the way for people to meet again. If something is meant to be yours...it will come back to you one day! Now its time to catch up for all the times that we've missed. As long as the feelings of 2 hearts match & the mind click, what's lagged behind can be chased as if i have known you for a decade. Truly exuberant for the great things in life... :)

My eldest sister has created lotsa fond memories for me since i was very young. Some of the happiest moments that i remember is she took the public bus with me to town to have lunch then went home together. I stayed back for extra curricular activity & i met my sister when she was about to go home. She asked me how am i going back & i said i don't know. Haha...i think i usually call my mum to pick me up after i finish my activity. So that was my 1st time taking the public bus & i was still in primary 4. During the bus ride, my sister told me about the famous landmarks in town so that i will be street smart in future. The landmark that i remember most vividly is Sg.Seget. Hahaha...it's the dirtiest drain...not sungai in JB lor. That experience of the bus ride made me learnt how to travel by myself & one fine day when i was in primary 6, i called my mum from school to say i will take the public bus home so i asked her to not come fetch me from school. I was very proud to say i have 2 sisters in Convent & people will know i am their sister. My second sister is the notorious girl that even ex-principal Gracie Tay adore her for wearing hairband to school. Wth?! No "sam sam!" (messy hair) Ahahaha...

The relationship i share with my eldest sister is very special. Though she share the same room with my second sister & have more deep talks with her, but i feel the intangible feelings between us & keep the special memories i have of our sisterhood in my heart. My eldest sister is the one who influenced me about my schooling life because she often talk about school stuff at home when i was still in primary. So when i entered secondary school, i joined the St.John & Volleyball team. The only thing that i was different from them is the sports house. Both my sisters were in St.Patrick but i was in St.Michael. Whatever it is...Bottomline is that I am really very proud to have my sisters who made me became who i am today. If it weren't for them, i don't think i will be the Lee Jia Li today.

Well...well...well! Here's my story for you about the happiest occasion of my life in 2008 so far, but i reckon this will be the best among all despite there will be more good things in store soon. Great things in life can't be expressed by words. Only the heart can keep, cherish & appreaciate the best things in life. I'm so happy for my sister. She is the reason i miss home even more now because she won't be at home when i go back home. I will miss the presence of her car parked outside the house. However, i can drive mahhh! I will definitely visit them anytime & even stay at their place! WoOhOoOoOoOoOOOO!~ I wish them many more fantastic things to come in life & carreer & Happy always. A blissful everlasting marriage to Mr & Mrs. Lee!! :D

No comments: